Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Well, I had no other person to go to, and it actually went well... at least better than I expected it to. I walked down our street after scool and passed our house where some of the girls were playing outside. "JoJo, where ya goin'?" "This way." I said bluntly. "I bet you're going to Mayzie's house! Aren't you!" Well, yeah, I was. I knew she knows everything about everyone at school and she'd know if Jane was friends with Ket. But I wasn't about to tell the girls that. "None of your business." and they didn't say anything else but I think if girls had brains they would be thinking up some mischief. (Hehe... sorry.)
Anyway, when I got there I was really wanting to turn away, but somebody saw me out the window and opened it up- a little sister of her's. "You here to see Mayzie?" "Uhhh, yeah, kind of..." And she went away from the window yelling. Now it was kinda too late to turn back. Mayzie opened the door while brushing her hair frantically. "Hi! Come in?" I went inside and the door shut to the world outside sealing me in to my fate. "I look a mess." She said. And the quazi-polite response came out but it was all wrong for this moment "No you don't." "Really? Thanks. Come on and sit down, Mom's baking cookies." Not that I wanted any, but I followed her into the kitchen. "Oh, hello Mr. McDodd, Mayzie has talked..." Mayzie hushed her mother frantically. Now looking back it was funny, but then I didn't feel like laughing exactly. Mrs. Zattic nodded understandingly, then said "How's your mother?" Now why is it that every time I talk to an older lady the first thing they ask is how Mom's doing? I will NEVER understand that. "She's good." "And your father?" "He's... okay." "And you?" "Good..." So far this was getting nowhere except I kept lying to her. "Have a cookie. Or three, you could use them." Mayzie buried her face in her hands, I was just glad Mrs. Zattic was in there so I didn't have to be alone with Mayzie, even if she did keep saying weird stuff. "Uhhhh... no thanks." "We're good Mom." Mayzie looked at her mom like "Get out of here" and I looked at her mom like "No please stay!" But she saw Mayzie and not me and she went out.
"Well then. So what's going on?" I was about to say something like "I have a question" or "Can I ask you something" but that would give her the wrong idea. "Ummmm... I was just wondering if you knew Jane- the dean at the U's daughter." And her face kind of fell and I realized I STILL managed to give her the wrong idea. "Just because... well it's not like I care or anything, but does she like somebody or something?" AND I was STILL giving her the wrong idea, she said gloomily "I don't know." "You don't?" "No..." and she lit up "YES! Well, maybe, I don't know, but she keeps meeting this guy outside of school and he walks her home or something. She said his name before when somebody asked who it was... his name was... oh I can't rememeber right now, started with a c or a k. She also said he was..." "Was it Ket?" I interrupted. "Yeah I think it was now that you say it!" I still couldn't see Ket with a girlfriend, so I asked "Is he kinda big?" "Yeah. Bigger than... why do you want to know?" and now she was looking at my eyes and now I felt like I couldn't make something up so I looked down... kind of embarrassedly, and said "Just wondering." And I think it gave her some sort of wrong idea because after that she started going on about Jane's weaknesses and failures and junk like that and I tried to listen but I really couldn't pay attention to it. So after about 10 minutes I said "Well I have homework." "Oh, I know, we could work on it together! I'm good at science and stuff!" Science? Well it wouldn't hurt to ask her a question or two that I missed on the test (That I got an F on) so I did real quick and she kept going on about them and how it's her favorite subject and blah blah blah... so after about 5 more minutes I said "I really do have to go now." "Oh, okay. Well I'll see you tomorrow then!" And I went outside where I could breathe again. And then I had all the sisters to deal with and I let it slip where I'd been and then I had to deal with "JoJo and Mayzie sitting in a tree..." and stuff like that and no amount of protesting on my part could get their minds off that subject line. So I locked myself in my room where I am now. And I think Dad is home and I will go give him the note the nurse gave me now.

15 comments:

  1. Nobody! I mean, I don't have a girlfriend or anything. Yuck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Puffles are the pet of Club Penguin.

    ( clubpenguin.com )

    ReplyDelete
  3. So living with 96 sisters has changed your opinion on girls?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, not really, I just never thought they were so great anyway... no offense if you are a girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I don't mind. Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Celebritis? You mean Human clbrities? Well not in particular, but I do like a couple of bands humans have... I am putting a video on here I made with one song and I also like this group of brothers verbody else sems to hate... starts with a J, can't remember it now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jonas Brothers maybe?

    Which one's your favorite?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah maybe that was it... I can't really remember

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used to have a crush on Nick (the one with the curly hair).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eww, that's gross.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Their songs are horrible...and they're not even cute. If they were cute, their songs would cancel that out

    ReplyDelete