Saturday, April 17, 2010

In my room

And the Mayor of Whosboro is at my house RIGHT NOW. It is weird having him here, like he's this person who's been trying his best to ruin all our lives, but he's here apologising in full to Dad and Mom. When he came in, Dad was right with him and I was sitting on the stairs waiting for them to get there. Everybody in town who knew was kinda expecting him so I wasn't the only one waiting, just all of my sisters gave it up after a while I had been ATTEMPTING to write a piece of music that was going really badly when they came in. "K.C., this is my son JoJo." dad introduced me. I jumped off the steps. "Hello." He said. I didn't like the way he was looking down at me like I was really really REALLY small so I just nodded and Dad continued. "If you wanna look around in here, be my guest. These are all of the McDodds since the beginning of Whoville." He turned and motioned to all the portraits on the walls in the hall. umm... you probably havn't been in there, so i guess I can explain it a little. It's got all these pictures on the walls, like Dad said, all the McDodds that ever lived... or at least, all the mayors of Whoville. Dad wants his picture up there. That's one of his ambitions... maybe the only one, I dunno. but anyway, the MaGee guy was impressed. He walked up and down it for a while, Dad let him go by himself once then went with him and told him everybody's names and stuff. I kept watching them until they came back to the door side. "And here's the next great mayor of Whoville." He ruffled my hair and I grinned a little. "Not really." I said. "Yes really. Uhhh..." Dad thought for a few moments, I think he was wondering on whether or not to tell him all I did and stuff. Guess he didn't tell him earlier. I'm glad. Especially In front of the guy who was... ya know, who I did it against. So Dad didn't say anything. Except about the Symphoniphone, which is usually a bit of a secret but it's not like he lives here and is gonna go play with it or anything. He... the other mayor, looked at me again. He seemed a little indecisive as to what to do at first, then he kneeled down so we were almost at eye level with each other. I don't particularly like it when people do that, I'd rather... but I didn't ever tell anybody that so I guess I can't blame them.


"Well, JoJo McDodd, I'm sorry for attempting to run your future. I'm sorry, that sounded light, but I promise, I don't take it lightly. Will you forgive me?" "yeah." I said and tried to think of something else to add but couldn't really come up with anything. He shook hands with me then stood back up. "Well, Ned. Shall we go see your wife and... how many daughters?" "96 daughters and 2 sons." dad said with pride. "Hmmm... quite a few then." Dad nodded, beaming. Okay, my cue to leave.

So now I'm in my room and he's still here. I dunno if Dad invited him to stay to dinner or not. I think he's already seen the counsel... now I kinda feel bad for him, if he had to deal with those guys. And Dr LaRue and the dean and Dr Wocket too.

Speaking of Dr Wocket, I saw him yesterday, I just forgot to mention it.

"I never fully congratulated you on a job well done, did I, JoJo? Well all I can say is, well done. I Don't know what else to say." "it's okay." I Said. A job well done is fine by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment