Sunday, February 21, 2010

Dr Wocket

Well, I met Dr. Wocket yesterday. I mean, in person. I emailed him before, but never actually spoke with him. I was just in my room when one of my sisters called me- I think it was Hazel, not sure though. She said “Hey, JoJo, somebody’s here to see you!” and I knew Dr Wocket was probably coming over today, so I went right into the foyer- side note- I’m glad we didn’t do the normal “JOJO!” “What?” “Come here!” “I’m busy!” “COME ANYWAY!” “Ergh!” and I’d go out and it would be something important and I’d be embarrassed… but anyway, we didn’t go through that, so my first meeting with the Dr wasn’t as embarrassing as it could have been. I came into the room and he just kinda looked at me for a second. He was desperately trying not to say something awkward, and I could tell. “Yeah I’m JoJo, you didn’t think that I was the short kid.” I said. He laughed. “Well, I’m glad to finally meet you, young man. I presume you know the purpose of my visit?” I shrugged. “Yeah. Well, I don’t know how much help I can give you.” “Nonsense! You are a very intelligent young man, and as I now recall, a good musician?” I looked down, a little embarrassed. “Ummm… okay, you wanna sit down?” I asked, realizing I was making this conversation awkward. “In here.” I walked into the living room. I saw that “Hazel” was gaping at my rudeness, but I didn’t know what to do then. Except- and this was desperate- “I’m sorry, I’m being really awkward…” He laughed again. “Don’t worry about it! So I just was wondering if you could tell me anything else about what YOU think might be going on.”


“Oh, I dunno. Is what I heard about a gang true? That those guys who broke into the school gym were trying to get initiated or something?”

He thought for a second. “Yes, that is true. Have you noticed any ‘groups’ lingering about, maybe with a motley assortment of Whos?”

“Not really, just at school and stuff. A lot of the guys there have ‘gangs’ they hang out with, but I haven’t seen many older Whos doing the same thing.”

“Hmmmm… the high school… do you ‘hang out’ with any of these gangs, JoJo?”

“No, not me. I don’t really do that much with the other guys.”

“I thought as much. Well, let’s see, what else can you tell me?”

I thought a minute. “Well somebody wrecked up my symph… you’d know it as the old observatory. I don’t think that has anything to do with it though. Probably just somebody trying to be mean to me for some reason.”

“Well, the gang initiates did not mention any such thing being their doing… when did this event occur?”

“Uhhhh… I don’t actually know just when… I noticed on… let’s see, the 30th of last month, 'cause it was the day Max was born.”

“Ah, yes, Maxted. How is he doing?”

“He’s good… he’s upstairs or maybe with mom, you wanna go see him?”

“Indeed I do. I have not spoken with your mother in a long time.”

And he went up with me and chatted with mom for a little while, then he said that he had to get going. At the door he turned to me and said, “Hmm… a high school chapter of the gang. I hadn’t thought of it…” then he looked at me like he was thinking. And he kept staring at me and I got really uncomfortable so I coughed a little and he shook his head and smiled. “Sorry, I didn’t mean to stare. I have an idea formulating in my head, and I usually will look at something for long periods of time and think, and you weren’t moving… oh never mind. Good meeting you, JoJo. I will get back to you…” and he walked away still thinking.

Get back to me? About what? I don’t really like the sound of that. Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to help… but something seemed kinda dangerous about the way he said that, and with the kids at school… it still seems like the guys are planning something… hmm… a motley assortment… maybe he was right about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment